|Google Play Store (play.google.com)
- Web browsers: For the best experience, use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer (not compatible with Internet Explorer 10 and lower) or Opera.
- Android devices: Go to our supported device list to see if your Android device is compatible with Google Play.
- Other operating systems: Devices running other operating systems (including Apple and Windows devices) are not supported for downloading Android apps on Google Play.
- Web browsers: The Google Play website (play.google.com) is available to visit the Play Store, but Android apps on Google Play can't be downloaded to use on your computer.
- Android devices: Android OS version 4.1.1 and above that are compatible with Google Play.
- Google Play Store app version 8.4 and above is required to buy audiobooks through Android.
- Note: Books on Google Play are not currently compatible with Kindle devices.
- Apple devices: iPhone / iPad running an operating system with version 10.0 and above.
- Other devices: Compatible with any dedicated eBook reader that supports the Adobe eBook platform — see the full list of Adobe eBook Platform supported devices.
- Supported browsers: For the best experience, use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or Opera.
- Supported file types: Learn about supported file types.
- Google Home: Compatible with the Google Home device.
- Third party devices: Firmware version 1.27 and above required to play audiobooks. Find your device's firmware version.
- Android devices: Android OS version 2.2 and higher that are compatible with Google Play.
- Apple devices: iPhone / iPad running an operating system with version 9.0 and above.
- Newsstand app for iPhone or iPad supports reading magazines, but not all formats. In the Play Store, look for a "Available on Android only" badge and the "Available on" box at the bottom of the page.
- Web browsers: Purchased magazines can be read using Google Chrome at play.google.com/newsstand.
|Movies & TV
- Android devices: Android OS version 4.4 and higher that are compatible with Google Play.
- Apple devices: iPhone or iPad running an operating system with version 8.0 and above.
- Web browsers (play.google.com/movies): Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 1.0+, Google Chrome, or Opera; Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps; Ubuntu and Linux OS users must install the HAL module.
- Mac: Platform: Mac OS X 10.3 or higher with latest updates installed; Processor: 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit.
- PC: Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed; Processor: 500MHz or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit.
- Browser: Firefox 12.0+, Internet Explorer 11.0+, Safari 5.0+, or Google Chrome 18.0+; Operating System: Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7+, Ubuntu 10+ and Linux OS 11+ (64-bit); Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher.
- Android devices: Your device must be running Android 4.1
- Apple devices: iPhone or iPad running an operating system with version 8.2 and above.
- Google Play Music Manager: Mac OS X 10.5 and above; Windows XP and above; Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora/openSUSE).
- Supported file types for Music Manager.