You can purchase apps and digital content on Google Play using payment methods from your Google account. If it's your first time making a purchase, your payment method will be added to your Google account.
Update payment settings & fix issues
Find payment methods you can use
Available payment methods vary by country. If your country is not listed, scroll down.
You can add the following credit cards to your account:
- American Express
- ELO credit cards
Tip: The types of cards accepted through Google Play may vary. You may notice temporary authorizations on your account when using a credit or debit card.
For debit cards:
When a user adds a debit or combo card on Google Wallet, they can pay with debit. Cards must be added through Google Wallet, and debit cards added directly on Google Play won’t work. Learn how to add a payment method on Google Wallet or how to update payment methods.
You can use your Google Play Balance to:
- Buy apps and digital content on Google Play.
- Pay for subscriptions on Google Play.
Ways to get Google Play Balance
- Google Play gift cards and some promotional codes.
- A convenience store and pay cash to add money to your Google Play Balance. Learn how to add cash to your Google Play Balance.
Learn more about uses & restrictions for Google Play balance.
You can use PayPal to buy apps and digital content on Google Play.
Important: If you have PayPal Security Key turned on, you have to add PayPal to your Google Play account using a computer or mobile web browser. You can't link it using the Play Store app. To add PayPal, select "Add a payment method" under your payment methods in Google Play. Once you've added PayPal, you can use it to buy things from the Play Store app and the Play web store.
- To use the service on Google Play, create a PicPay account.
- To use PicPay, update Google Play version 8.9 or up.
- This e-Wallet has a minimum value of BRL 1,00 or R$ 1,00. Any purchases lower than one Brazilian Real won't be processed.
- To use the service on Google Play, create a Mercado Pago account.
- To use Mercado Pago, update Google Play version 8.9 or up.
To buy apps and digital content on Google Play, you can use PIX.
This form of payment is only available for Google Play in Brazil. In order to use this form of payment, you must set the country in your payments profile to Brazil.
When you choose PIX as the payment method for a purchase in the Google Play Store, you’ll get a QR code and payment code. As long as that bank is registered with PIX, you can use the QR code or payment code to complete your purchase digitally at the bank of your choice. The payment code expires after 4 days.
- To use PIX, you must have Google Play version 8.9 and up.
- You can’t use PIX for subscription purchases in Google Play. You can only use PIX for one-time purchases that don’t include stored values.
- To use PIX for in-app purchases, the app developer must allow in-app purchases for PIX.
If your country is not on the list, available payment methods are listed below:
You can add the following credit/debit cards to your account:
- American Express
- Visa Electron
Note: The types of cards accepted through Google Play may vary. If your card doesn't work when you think it should, contact your bank or card issuer for help. You may notice temporary authorizations on your account when using a credit or debit card.