Accepted payment methods on Google Play
You can purchase apps and digital content on Google Play using payment methods from your Google account. If it's your first time making a purchase, your payment method will be added to your Google account.
Update payment settings & fix issues
Find payment methods you can useAvailable payment methods vary by country.
You can add the following credit/debit cards to your account:
- American Express
- Visa Electron
Note: The types of cards accepted through Google Play may vary.You may notice temporary authorizations on your account when using a credit or debit card.
With some mobile devices and service plans, you can charge purchases to your carrier bill.
Participating carriers in Japan:
When you buy something, you'll see the charge on your carrier account after 15 minutes.
Note: You may see an SMS (text message) starting with "DCB" or "DCB_Association" on your phone when you sign up for mobile phone billing . The message is automatically generated and sent to complete enrollment in mobile phone billing for your Google Play account.Mobile phone billing troubleshooting
If you don't see a carrier billing option, keep in mind:
- Mobile phone billing is only available using the Google Play Store app. It isn't available on the Google Play website on a computer or mobile browser.
- Your account with your carrier must be in good standing.
- If you use a device with dual SIM cards, make sure to put the right SIM card in slot 1 and leave slot 2 empty.
Check with your carrier to make sure:
- You haven't exceeded your carrier's monthly spending limit.
- Your device and service plan allow premium content purchases.
- Your device can use mobile phone billing.
Purchases that aren't successfully authorized with your carrier are immediately cancelled. For help with unsuccessful mobile phone billing purchases, contact your mobile service provider.
Google Play can't be used with:
- Wire transfers
- Bank transfers
- Western Union
- Money Gram
- Virtual Credit Cards (VCC)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Transit cards
- Any escrow type of payment