Change a video's language settings
Movies and TV shows on Google Play Movies & TV may have different languages available for audio playback or captions (subtitles).
Find language & caption details
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Movies app .
- Tap a movie or TV show.
- Scroll to “More information.”
- Find "Audio language" and "Captions."
Change audio language & caption settings
When a video has multiple languages, you can change your preferred audio or caption language. You can also set up default language settings that will be used across all videos you rent or buy.
While your video streams
- At the bottom or top right of your video player, tap Show closed captions and audio .
- Under "Audio" or "Captions,” select a language.
Important: Some movies may have permanent subtitles, which can't be turned off.
Fix problems with captions
If captions don’t appear after you turn them on, contact Google Play support.