To play mobile games on your PC with Google Play Games, you must turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform. Some other emulators on your computer might not work when this setting is turned on.
Turn off Windows Hypervisor Platform
Important: These steps may vary based on the Windows version.
- On your PC, open the Control Panel.
- Select Programs Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the sections for Hyper-V Hyper-V Platform.
- Deselect Hyper-V Hypervisor.
- On Windows 10 Home devices, deselect Windows Hypervisor Platform.
- Restart your computer.
We no longer support HAXM for new installations as of November 11, 2022.
During beta and through user reports, we found that turning on HAXM resulted in lower gameplay quality and other issues. In the coming months, we will phase out support for existing users.