You can rent ebooks and audiobooks from Google Play.
- On your Android device, open Google Play Books .
- Find the book you want to rent.
- Tap Rent.
- The Rent button lists the book’s rental price.
- If "Rent" doesn’t appear, the book isn’t available for rentals.
- Follow the prompts to check out.
Tip: Your rented book appears in your Library.
Check when a book rental expires
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Books app .
- At the bottom right, tap Library.
- Go to the book you rented.
- The rental period appears on the book’s cover.
Fix issues with rentals
- Make sure you’re signed in to the Google Account you used to rent the book.
- Check that you updated the Google Play Books app to the latest version.
How book rentals work
- Not all books are available to rent.
- You can check how long the rental lasts when you check out.
- Your rental period starts when you make your purchase, even if you don’t open the book right away.
- Some features, like printing, aren’t available for rented books.
What happens when a rental ends
- Books still appear in your library as "Expired."
- You can no longer use downloaded versions of the book.
- If you buy or rent the book again, your notes and highlights are still available.