You can install apps, games and digital content on your device from the Google Play Store. Sometimes you can also use instant apps that don’t require installation. Some content is available at no charge, and some you need to buy.
Find and download apps or digital content
- On your device, open Google Play Store or visit the Google Play Store on a web browser.
- Search or browse for content.
- Select an item.
- Select Install or the item's price.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the transaction and get the content.
- If you made a purchase before: Select your payment method with the down arrow .
- If it's your first purchase: Your payment method will be added to your Google Account.
Find your apps and content
Find apps and games
Find books, games and other digital content
Based on the type of content, digital content appears in one of the Google Play apps on your device:
Install apps and content on other devices
If you get a new or second device, you can reinstall any apps that you bought.
Content is linked to your account, so to reinstall content, you need to use the same account on all devices.
You can’t transfer content between accounts on Google Play, even if you own both accounts. If you have multiple accounts on your device, before you complete your purchase, make sure that you’re signed in to the account that you want to use.
If you bought an app on the wrong account, contact the app developer. They might refund your purchase.