You can install apps, games, and digital content on your device from the Google Play Store. Sometimes you can also use instant apps that don’t require installation. Some content is available at no charge, and some you need to buy.
Find & download apps or digital content
- On your device, open Google Play Store or visit the Google Play store on a web browser.
- Search or browse for content.
- Select an item.
- Select Install or the item's price.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction and get the content.
- If you made a purchase before: Select your payment method with the Down arrow .
- If it's your first purchase: Your payment method will be added to your Google Account.
Find your apps & content
Find apps & games
Find books, games & other digital content
Based on the type of content, digital content appears in one of the Google Play apps on your device:
Install apps & content on other devices
When you turn on App sync, apps that you install on your phone or tablet are automatically installed on other devices that are signed in with your Google Account. You can sync apps to other devices like your tablet, watch, Chromebook, or TV. If you use Android Auto, you can also sync apps to your car. To turn on App sync on your device:
- On your Android device, open Settings .
- Tap Manage apps & device Sync apps to devices.
- Select the devices that you want to sync to your apps.
If you get a new device, or if you have issues with App sync, you can reinstall any apps you bought. To reinstall content, you must use the same account on all devices. Learn how to reinstall apps on Android.
You can’t transfer content between accounts on Google Play, even if you own both accounts. If you have multiple accounts on your device, before you complete your purchase, make sure you’re signed in to the account you want to use.
If you bought an app on the wrong account, contact the app developer. They might refund your purchase.