Install or purchase apps & digital content
You can install apps, games, and digital content from the Play Store when you have an Internet or mobile data connection. Some content is free and some can be purchased.
Depending on the type of content you bought or installed, it will appear in the Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies & TV, or Google Play Music app.
Install or purchase
- If you haven't already, add a Google account on your device.
- Go to Google Play or open the Google Play Store app .
- Select an item.
- Touch Install (for free items) or the item's price.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. For paid items, you can select or edit your payment method with the down arrow . If it's your first time making a purchase, your payment method will be added to your Google account.
Content and language availability
- Apps are designed for use with supported Android devices and can't be used on your computer.
- Some content may not be available on all devices.
- If you're buying or downloading games on Android TV, some games require a gamepad. They’ll be listed under "Gamepad" in the Play Store app.
- You can change what language is displayed when you visit Google Play on your computer by changing your Google Accounts settings.
Shana is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.