Install or purchase apps & digital content
You can install apps, games, and digital content from the Play Store when you have an Internet or mobile data connection. Some content is free and some can be purchased.
Depending on the type of content you bought or installed, it will appear in the Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies & TV, or Google Play Music app.
Purchase or install
- If you haven't already, add a Google Account on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store app or go to Google Play on your computer.
- Select an item.
- Touch Install (for free items) or the item's price.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Paid items: Use the Down arrow to select or edit your payment method.
Note: If it's your first time making a purchase, you'll be asked to create a Google Wallet account.
Here are some things to keep in mind when buying an item on Google Play:
- You can change what language is displayed when you visit Google Play on your computer by changing your Google Accounts settings.
- Apps are designed for use with supported Android devices and can't be used on your computer.
- To buy devices on Google Play, you'll need to use your computer.
- Some content may not be available on all devices.
- If you're buying or downloading games on Android TV, some games require a gamepad. They’ll be listed under "Gamepad" in the Play Store app.