Apps with in-app purchases
With some apps, you can buy additional content or services within the app. Here are some examples of in-app purchases:
- A sword that gives you more power in a game
- A key that unlocks more features of a free app
- Virtual currency that can be used for purchases
Find out if an app offers in-app purchases
Before downloading an app, here’s how you can check if it offers in-app purchases.
- On an app or game’s detail page, In-app purchases are listed next to an app’s details (ratings, downloads, file size).
- Before you install an app using the Play Store app, In-app purchases are listed on the “App permissions” screen. See examples
To help protect against accidental or unwanted purchases, check that password protection is turned on for on your account.
Refunds and purchases
Here's how in-app purchases are different than other app purchases on Google Play.
- There is no 15-minute refund period.
- Refunds are generally given at the app developer’s discretion.
- Developers are responsible for delivering in-app purchases.
If you've contacted a developer and still need help, you can contact our support team for problems with in-app purchases.