View app statistics & reports
Using the Google Play Developer Console, you can view statistics for individual apps on:
- Installs and uninstalls
- Crashes and "Application Not Responding" (ANR) errors
- Available if you've linked your Developer account with Google Analytics
- Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) registrations & messages
Here's how you can view an individual app's statistics:
- Sign in to your Google Play Developer Console.
- Click All applications.
- Select an app.
- On the left menu, click Statistics.
Information on your Statistics page is based on Pacific Time (PT) and is refreshed on a daily basis.
Types of reports
You can browse your statistics using different aggregation levels to understand multiple aspects of your application:
- Daily reports: Find immediate feedback about recent events.
- Current, total, & cumulative reports: Get a broader view of your current users, devices, and ratings.
- Current, total, and cumulative reports also account for app re-installations, data received after a daily report has been generated, and inactive devices.
Tip: To filter and display different time periods, you can click the time period filters near the top right of your Statistics page.
Here are the types of reports available on your app's Statistics page:Install-related statistics
- Current installs by device: Active devices where the application is currently installed, excluding any devices where the application was uninstalled or any devices that are no longer active
- Daily installs by device: Devices which installed the app for the first time in the past day
- Daily uninstalls by device: Devices which uninstalled the app in the past day
- Daily upgrades by device: Devices upgraded from an older version to the latest version of the app in the past day
- Current installs by user: Users that currently have the application installed on at least one active device
- Total installs by user: Total number of unique users who have ever installed this app on one or more of their devices - only one install is counted per user, regardless of how many different devices they installed it on
- Includes users who uninstalled the app later
- Daily installs by user: Unique users who installed the app on one or more of their devices for the first time in the past day
- Daily uninstalls by user: Unique users who uninstalled the app from all of their devices in the past day
- Daily average rating: Average star rating this app received across all ratings submitted in the past day
- Cumulative average rating: Average star rating this app received across all ratings submitted up to and including the past day. For each user submitting a rating, only their most recent rating of the app is counted
Tip: To see individual star ratings and reviews for your app, click Ratings & Reviews on the left menu.
- Daily Crashes: Crash reports received in the past day - the number of individual crashes reported in the 'Crash Details' section is limited to the top 500 by number of occurrences
- Daily ANRs: Application not responding (ANR) reports received in the past day - the number of individual ANRs reported in the 'ANR Details' section is limited to the top 500 by number of occurrences
Note: These reports are only available if GCM is set up and linked on an app's Services & API page.
- GCM messages: GCM messages sent to the app in the past day
- GCM registrations: GCM registrations requests received from the app in the past day
Note: These reports are only available if you've linked your Developer account with Google Analytics.
- New users: First-time users who launch your application within a given date range
- Active users: Users who launch your application within a given date range
Dimensions & filters
To help you organize, segment, and analyze your data, you can organize and filter a report using one of the following dimensions:
- Android Version: Android OS version reported from the user's device
- Device: Users' device Marketing Name and Device Name
- Example: Google Nexus 7 (Flo)
- Country: Users' countries
- Language: Users' Android OS language setting
- App Version: Version of your app
- To filter your app versions by distribution channels - including Alpha, Beta, and Staged Rollouts - select the channel from the top of the table.
- A label will be affixed to any Alpha or Beta versions currently being distributed, as well as versions that were not promoted to Production. Once a version is promoted to Production, this label is removed. You can still see this version in the filter list.
- Tablet: Data on tablet devices
- Includes 7-9" tablets and 10"+ tablets
- Does not include tablets or phones smaller than 7"
- Carrier: Users' wireless carrier (when applicable)
Whenever a dimension is selected, an additional stacked area chart, pie chart, and table will be displayed on your Statistics page.
When a checkbox is checked next to a row on your Statistics page, the data for that row appears in your charts. Click the checkboxes next to other rows to compare data points.
Note: In some cases, similar values of the metrics are grouped together, such as minor versions of Android.
Also, next to your displayed pie chart, you can compare your app's metrics to other apps in the same category on Google Play. This comparison isn't always available.
Download reports from Google Cloud Storage
You can download monthly reports as CSV files from Google Cloud Storage. Learn how to access and download monthly reports.
Integrate Google Analytics
If you're tracking user engagement with Google Analytics, you can integrate your Google Analytics reports with the Google Play Developer Console.
Troubleshoot app statistics problemsWhy did my "Daily installs" go down?
Here are some app changes that might cause a decrease in installs:
- New permissions that require users to manually accept changes
- Changes to country or language distribution
- Changes in advertising
- Changes in app placement within the Play Store
- Carriers pre-installing your app (system apps are only counted in statistics after an initial update through the Play Store)
If you believe none of these scenarios apply to you, contact our support team.
If you're unable to open the report you downloaded from the Google Play Developer Console, contact our support team.
Your Current installs by device data shouldn't equal Daily installs by device minus Daily uninstalls by device because:
- Devices going inactive only impacts Current installs by device.
- Daily installs by device only counts the first install of the app on a device, but Daily uninstalls by device counts all uninstalls after reinstalls.
- Losing an app due to a factory reset decreases Current installs by device but doesn't count as an uninstall.
Starting on November 29, 2015, we will introduce new criteria for counting user and install metrics to account for users and devices going inactive. This change will affect the following metrics: "Current installs by user," "Current installs by device," and "Total installs by user."
As we make these changes, you may notice that these metrics decrease over time for some apps.
On June 27, 2015, we updated the install statistics on your Developer Console to use more accurate and reliable data.
As a result, some developers may see small changes in their apps’ install and uninstall data on their apps’ Statistics pages.
You may notice that this change has resulted in a one-time decrease in the number of total installs for your apps. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.