For apps and in-app products offered through Google Play, the service fee is equivalent to 30% of the price. You receive 70% of the payment. The remaining 30% goes to the distribution partner and operating fees.
As of January 1, 2018, the service fee for subscription products decreases to 15% for any subscribers you retain after 12 paid months. If a subscriber has been active as of this date, that time will be counted. For example, if a subscriber has been active for 4 months, the service fee will be reduced to 15% after 8 more paid months.
The following count towards a user's 12 paid months:
- Subscribers within a grace period
- Subscribers who recover from an account hold, grace period, pause, or subscription restore
- Subscribers with introductory pricing
- Subscribers who upgrade or downgrade to a different plan
- Subscribers who re-sign up within two months of canceling
The following don't count towards a user’s 12 paid months: