Apps and in-app products sold through Google Play are subject to a service fee. As of July 1, 2021, that service fee is equivalent to:
- If enrolled in the 15% service fee tier:
- 15% for the first $1M (USD) of earnings each year,
- 30% for earnings in excess of $1M (USD) each year.
- For developers who are not enrolled in the 15% service fee tier, the service fee is 30%.
- For subscription products purchased by subscribers you retain after 12 paid months, the service fee is 15%.
The following count towards a user's 12 paid months:
- Subscribers within a grace period
- Subscribers who recover from an account hold, grace period, pause, or subscription restore
- Subscribers with introductory pricing
- Subscribers who upgrade or downgrade to a different plan
- Subscribers who re-sign up within two months of canceling
The following do not count towards a user’s 12 paid months: