Start or stop sharing with your family
To let others use your Google One storage space, try Google One family sharing. If your family shares your Google One membership, your family members will be able to see how much shared storage you've used. Your files aren't shared with the rest of your family and can't be viewed without your permission.
The person who shares their storage is called the Google One plan manager. This person can start or stop sharing their Google One family plan at any time. You can share Google One with up to five family members.
There are two kinds of storage space: personal storage space and shared storage space.
- Each member of the family group will receive 15 GB of personal storage space for their files. A family member’s files fill up his or her personal space first.
- There is also shared storage that's split between everyone in your family group. After a family member's personal storage gets filled up, their files count towards the shared storage space. Family members can use as much of this available storage as they want.
- Your files won’t be shown to others in your family unless you share them directly.
- When you make a family group, extra benefits are shown to everyone in your family, except accounts managed by parents. Some benefits go to the first family member who claims them.
Requirements for joining a family
To join a family group, you need to:
- Have a Google Account. You can't join a family with a Google Account from work, school or another organisation.
- Live in the same country as the family manager.
- Be part of just one family group.
- Have been in no other family group in the past 12 months.
Google One family plan members will:
- Stop using your available storage. If they run out of storage, their files will stay safe but they won't be able to store anything new. Learn more about what happens when they run out of space.
- Lose access to experts who answer questions about Google products.
- Lose the ability to see or claim benefits.
Share your Google One storage, membership and benefits with your family group
To set up a family group, you must be 18 years of age or older. The people you invite must live in the same country as you.
A family group allows family members to:
- Share a single payment method
- Use family services (such as Google Play Family Library, Google Play Music family plan and more)
- Share Google Play purchases
- Share family subscriptions (such as a Google One membership)
Step 1: Set up a family group
- On your computer, sign in to your Google Account.
- Visit the Your family on Google page.
- Click Get started Create family group.
- Follow the instructions to add family members and set up a Family Library.
For more information, learn about the roles that you set when you create a family group.
Step 2: Share with your family
- On your computer, go to Google One.
- At the top, click Settings .
- Turn Share Google One with family on.
For more information, learn how to manage a family group.