Some Google Assistant devices, like speakers, smart displays, Smart Clocks and the Pixel Stand, can be shared with multiple people. For any shared device, you can turn on personal results to allow the Google Assistant to read or show results specific to you. For example, the Google Assistant may show:
- Results from your Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Photos
- Recommendations for recipes based on your activity across other Google products
Some personal results are only available in certain languages and countries.
Note: The personal results setting doesn’t control certain Assistant features provided by third parties like Spotify or Pandora.
On the Pixel Stand, some apps require you to unlock your phone even if you have personal results turned on.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your device Settings .
- Under "More", turn on Personal results.
- On your Android phone or tablet, touch and hold the Home button or say, "Ok Google".
- At the bottom right, tap .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Settings Assistant.
- Under "Assistant devices", select your device.
- Under "Personalisation", turn Personal results on or off.
Get lock screen personal results
On some Android devices you can get personal results on your lock screen. Find out how to allow lock screen personal results on your device.
How personal results work with other settings
Personal results doesn’t control whether you can show your photos in ambient mode on your smart display.
If you have Pay with your Assistant turned on and personal results turned on, you can make purchases on your shared device. If you turn off either of them, you can’t make purchases on your shared device.
If Voice Match is turned on, the Google Assistant won't respond with your personal results to a voice it doesn’t recognise as yours. Learn how to use voice match and personal results.
Hide personal results from your smart display home screen and notifications
If you turn on personal results for your smart display, you will automatically see personal results such as upcoming calendar events and commute info, as well as personalised YouTube video recommendations, on your home screen and as notifications. Anyone near the device can see, tap and act on them.
To stop them from showing on the home screen and as notifications:
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap Account Assistant settings.
- Under "Assistant devices", select your smart display.
- Turn off Home screen & notifications.
Note: When you turn off personal results, you will also stop seeing personal results on your home screen and as notifications.