Since OnHub routers were introduced 6 years ago, a lot has changed. In 2022, support for these older devices will end.
To continue using the Google Home app to manage your Wi-Fi network, you’ll need to upgrade to a new Wi-Fi setup.
Timeline for OnHub router support
Before December 19, 2022
Your OnHub router will continue to work as normal, but won’t receive any new software features or security updates. We recommend you upgrade to a new Wi-Fi setup today. A special discount code has been emailed to OnHub users only, for 40% off Nest Wifi on the Google Store. This promotional code is available for a limited time.*
After December 19, 2022
Your OnHub router will still provide a Wi-Fi signal, but you’ll no longer be able to manage it with the Google Home app.
- You won’t be able to update things like Wi-Fi network settings, add additional Wifi devices, or run speed tests.
- Google Assistant features like “Hey Google, pause my Wi-Fi” will stop working.
- OnHub performance can’t be guaranteed.
Prepare for the end of OnHub support
Benefits of upgrading to Nest Wifi
Upgrading your Wi-Fi setup includes the following benefits:
- Improved mesh network
- Helpful app improvements
- Get notifications when new or inactive devices join the network.
- Get real-time connection speed information to help identify where the issues are, and receive troubleshooting tips to improve your device’s performance.
- Run speed tests and receive insights to help you understand how you can improve your internet connection speed on a specific device.
- Check your peak internet usage on a graph to help you understand if your current internet plan is the best fit for your home.
- Find network insights that proactively help you identify and fix connection issues with your internet, Wi-Fi network and individual devices. Learn more about Network insights for Wi-Fi devices.
*The promotional code must be redeemed by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on June 30, 2022 or it’ll expire.