Allow personal results on your shared devices
Some Google Assistant devices, like speakers, Smart Displays, and the Pixel Stand can be shared with multiple people. For any shared device, you can turn on personal results to allow the Google Assistant to read or show personal results from your:
- Google Photos
- Email, including personal results from Gmail, like flight reservations and bills
- Google Calendar
- Memory aids
- Shopping lists
- Recipe recommendations
Note: The personal results setting doesn’t control certain Assistant features provided by third parties like Spotify or Pandora.
On the Pixel Stand, some apps require you to unlock your phone even if you have personal results turned on.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your speaker or Smart Display Device settings .
- Make sure that the Google Account listed is the one linked to your device. To switch accounts, click the Down arrow .
- Under "More," turn on Personal results.
- On your Android phone or tablet, touch and hold the Home button or say "Ok Google."
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Tap Assistant.
- Under "Assistant devices," select your device.
- Turn Personal results on or off.
How personal results work with other settings
Personal results doesn’t control whether you can show your photos in ambient mode on your Smart Display.
If you have Pay with your Assistant turned on and personal results turned on, you can make purchases on your shared device. If you turn off either of them, you can’t make purchases on your shared device.
If Voice Match is turned on, the Google Assistant will not respond with your personal results to a voice it doesn’t recognize as yours.
Hide personal results from your Smart Display home screen and notifications
If you turn on personal results for your Smart Display, you will automatically see personal results like upcoming calendar events and commute info, as well as personalized YouTube video recommendations, on your home screen and as notifications. Anyone near the device can see, tap, and act on them.
To stop them from showing on the home screen and as notifications:
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Account Settings Assistant.
- Under "Assistant devices," select your Smart Display.
- Turn off Home screen & notifications.
Note: When you turn off personal results, you will also stop seeing personal results on your home screen and as notifications.