Check that Google Home is on same Wi-Fi network as mobile phone or tablet
To set up Google Home, use voice commands, and adjust Assistant settings, Google Home must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or tablet.
Step 1. Check the Wi-Fi network of mobile device or tablet
- Locate and tap Settings Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi network labeled "Connected" is the network you're connected to. This must match the network that Google Home is connected to.
- To change the network,
- Tap a new network enter password Connect.
- If you've entered the password for that network before, tap Connect.
Step 2. Check the Wi-Fi network of Google Home
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top right corner of app Home screen, tap Devices .
- Scroll down to find the device card for the Google Home you'd like to find the Wi-Fi network for.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu Settings.
- Under "Device Settings," look for Wi-Fi.
If your mobile phone or tablet Wi-Fi network doesn't match Google Home's Wi-Fi network, here's how to change the Wi-Fi network of Google Home.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.