Set up & manage My Day
Start your day the right way with Google Home. Wake up and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar.
Step 1. Set up personalizationOne person using Google Home
Personal results must be turned on to hear your My Day briefing.
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
- Tap More settings.
- Under "Devices," tap a Google Home device.
- Turn Personal results on or off .
- Open the Google Home app .
- Make sure the Google Home app is updated with the latest version.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home.
- Tap Menu and make sure the Google Account listed is the one you want to link to your voice. To switch accounts, click the triangle next to the Account name and choose the correct Account.
- In the top right corner of the app's Home screen, tap Devices . Find the device card or the device you're setting up with Voice Match.
- From the device card, tap the blue banner labeled Multi user is now available, Link your account, or Get personal results with Voice Match CONTINUE.
- If you haven’t already agreed to what is required to get help from your Assistant, you’ll see a screen outlining the permissions. Tap YES I’M IN.
- Training your voice:
- If you've never set up Voice Match and trained your voice, follow the prompts to teach your Assistant to recognize your voice. You'll say "Ok Google” twice and “Hey Google” twice. Tap CONTINUE. Note: This turns on Personal results.
- If you've set up Voice Match before, you won't need to teach your Assistant to recognize your voice. Tap CONTINUE.
- To retrain the voice model, tap Retrain voice model and follow the prompts. Tap CONTINUE.
- To invite others to set up Voice Match for tailored results, tap INVITE, choose your communication method, and send the invite. To skip this step, tap No thanks.
Step 2: Listen to My Day
To listen to My Day, say "Ok Google, tell me about My Day" whenever you’re ready to hear your daily brief.
What you can hear & add to My Day
- Weather: Hear the day’s forecast.
- News: Hear news from your default news source.
- Commute: Hear an overview of traffic to work and an estimated travel time. Learn how to set your home and work locations.
- Reminders: Hear a list of reminders that you have set for the day.
- Here's how to set and manage reminders on Google Home.
- Calendar: Hear details about your next meeting. Note: This calendar is linked to the Google Account that was used to set up Google Home.
- Flight status: Hear the status of your upcoming flights. Note: You can't turn off flight status.
- Within the My Day section of the Google Home app , Make sure that you've checked the categories you expect to hear.
- For commute and weather to work properly, make sure you've set your home and work locations..
- Make sure you've turned on Personal results to hear reminders and calendar information.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.