Set up & manage My Day
Start your day the right way with Google Home. Wake up and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar.
Step 1: Set up My DaySet up and manage My Day
To set up and manage the summary about your upcoming day:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name and email address.
- Tap More settings My Day.
- Tap the checkbox next to the options you’d like to include in your My Day summary.
- Weather - The daily forecast for your Google Home device address.
- Work commute - Traffic overview for your commute
- Next meeting
- Note: To hear reminders, they must already be set in the Google Inbox app, Google app , or Google Calendar app, or by typing a reminder query in the Google search in the browser. You can't set Reminders in the Google Home app or using your voice.
- To hear your reminders, say "Ok Google, tell me about My Day."
- Choose how to end your My Day summary:
- To end with news, tap the radio button next to News
- To end with nothing, tap the radio button next to Nothing
- Turn on Personal results. Note: This must be turned on to hear reminders and calendar information.
Step 2: Listen to My Day
To listen to My Day, say "Ok Google, tell me about My Day" whenever you’re ready to hear your daily brief.
What you can hear & add to My Day
- Weather: Hear the day’s forecast.
- Commute: Hear an overview of traffic to work and an estimated travel time. Learn how to set your home and work locations.
- Reminders: Hear a list of reminders that you have set for the day.
- Calendar: Hear details about your next meeting. Note: This calendar is linked to the Google Account that was used to set up Google Home.
- Flight status: Hear the status of your upcoming flights. Note: You can't turn off flight status.
- Within the My Day section of the Google Home app
- For commute and weather to work properly, make sure you've set your home and work locations..
- Make sure you've turned on Personal results to hear reminders and calendar information.
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.