Introducing version 11
Google Ads Editor has been redesigned to make it even easier to navigate and manage your account, whether you need quick access to common tasks or to advanced features and settings. We’ve also given the entire tool a visual refresh and a new layout. With updated tools and features, you have even more control over your account.
Watch the video
What’s new in Google Ads Editor 11
Click any link to jump to a section on this page with more details.
Management and navigation
Tools and features
Change the data view with the type list
You’ll find the type list in the sidebar, under the tree view. Click a type (such as Keywords, Ads, Ad groups, Campaigns, etc.) to change the data view for a selected campaign or ad group, or double-click a type to open a pop-out window.
Next to the item type, you can also see the number of items (for example, the number of keywords) for your selected campaign or ad group. If you perform a search, the number will update to show how many of the items apply to your search (for example, if 5 out of 200 keywords match your search, you’ll see “5/200” next to Keywords). The drop-down menu at the top-right of the type list allows you to filter types and hide types that aren’t in use.
View and edit different parts of your account at the same time
Pop-out windows allow you to view different parts of your account, campaigns, or ad groups at the same time. For example, you can use a pop-out window to view your keywords while writing ad text.
How to open pop-out windows:
- Select your account or any number of campaigns and ad groups in the tree view.
- Double-click a type (for example, Keywords) or click the pop-out arrow icon in the type menu to open a pop-out window.
- To open a second pop-out window for the selected items, repeat steps 1-2.
If you opened a pop-out window, then select different campaigns or ad groups, the information in the pop-out window will update to show your new selections. You can also choose different campaigns or ad groups by clicking the plus icon at the top of the pop-out window.
More powerful accounts manager
Download multiple accounts at the same time, or download entire MCC accounts
The accounts manager now allows you to add and manage an entire MCC account within Google Ads Editor. You can also download data for multiple accounts at the same time, instead of one-by-one.
Plus, the accounts manager allows you to see the total number of changes, errors, and warnings in an account at a glance.
Open multiple accounts
Compare, view, and edit more than one account at a time
Use the accounts manager to manage, edit, and view multiple accounts side-by-side. You can also copy and paste items between accounts.
How to open multiple accounts:
- Click Accounts to open the accounts manager.
- Select a different account from the one you're currently viewing.
- If you haven’t added additional accounts yet, click Add and follow the steps to add another account.
- Click Open.
How to copy and paste between accounts:
- Follow the instructions above to open multiple accounts in Google Ads Editor.
- With your account windows open, drag-and-drop items from the data view of one account to the tree view in the other account. You can also copy and paste items from one account to another.
View and paste items into multiple campaigns or ad groups
Use multi-select to view items within any combination of campaigns or ad groups in the tree view, or paste items into multiple campaigns and ad groups at once.
How to use multi-select:
How to copy and paste items into multiple campaigns and ad groups:
Make multiple changes
Automatically organizes your data into rows and columns for bulk edits
The Make multiple changes tool automatically organizes your text into rows and columns to allow you to add, update, or remove multiple items at once.
How to use the Make multiple changes tool:
- In the type list, select the type of item you'd like to add or edit (for example, Keywords).
- Click Make multiple changes.
- Enter your data in one of two ways:
- Copy and paste a list of changes: Paste your changes or click Paste from clipboard. You'll notice that the tool automatically organizes your data into rows and columns.
- Type your data directly: Start by selecting a column header (for example, Keywords), then click in the cell to make the cursor appear. Make sure the tool is going to update the correct campaigns or ad groups by selecting My data includes columns for campaigns and/or ad groups or Use selected destinations and select campaigns or ad groups, then click Process.
- Review the summary of your changes, including any errors or warnings.
- To exit the tool, choose one of the following options:
- Click Finish and review changes to see the changes in your account, then click Keep to keep your changes or Reject to undo your changes.
- Click Revert and cancel to undo your changes.
Undo and redo multiple changes
Undo or redo changes you’ve made in succession
Undo or redo one or more changes in succession, or use the Undo or Redo menus to select a change or series of changes. The Undo and Redo menus will track up to 20 changes.
How to undo changes:
How to redo changes:
How to undo or redo a change from the menu:
Search with filters, multiple search criteria, saved searches, and more
Google Ads Editor search now allows you to:
- Refine your searches with multiple search criteria
Type your first search, then hit the Enter key. You can enter a second search, which will also be applied to your results, if applicable.
- Quickly edit an existing search
Double-click your search in the search bar to edit.
- Build complex searches
Click the search menu icon > Search builder, select the criteria for your search, then click the search button. You can repeat these steps to add more than one criteria from the search builder. Entering multiple search terms (remember to type one per line) will bring up results that match any of the terms.
- Apply filters to narrow your search
Click the search menu icon > View filters and select the filter you’d like to apply. You can limit your results to new items, edited items, items with errors, and more. The tree view and type list in the left sidebar can also be filtered to show specific kinds of campaigns, ad groups, and types.
- Save a search so you can use it again
After entering a search, click the search menu icon > Saved searches > Save current search as… Enter a name for your saved search. To use your saved search, click the search menu icon > Saved searches and select the name of your search.
- Use search shortcuts
You can enter a search and use text shortcuts to quickly search across a selected type. For example, you can use the search “
keyword:pizza” to find all keywords with the term "pizza." See the full list of search shortcuts.
Perform common tasks and navigate through your account quickly with shortcuts
Keyboard shortcuts allow you to quickly navigate to areas of your account or create new items.
How to view a list of available keyboard shortcuts:
Select Help > Shortcuts in the application menu or press Ctrl + Shift + / (Windows) or Alt + Cmd + Shift + / (Mac).
Access shared bidding strategies and sitelinks
The Shared library in Google Ads Editor includes shared bidding strategies and shared sitelinks. Click Shared library in the sidebar below the type list to view and edit your shared items or to create and manage labels.