Using feeds in App campaigns allows you to utilize specific content from within your app, including products and offerings, in App ads that are more customized and better targeted to existing and potential app users.
Who do App campaign ad feeds work well for?
- Businesses with rich in-app content and information. This may be applicable for businesses in retail, local services, hotel, flight, and travel.
- Businesses with a catalogue of in-app content that's not already listed in the app store details page or app metadata.
- Connect with people who show interest in your specific app content: Using feeds in App campaigns helps you find additional users with a demonstrated interest in your specific in-app content. This is because you're providing more detailed information to create dynamic ads that pull feed data into ad text.
- Advanced customization: Use specific creative assets for ads to users interested in different types of content within your app. Also, ads appearing on Google Search, may have a customized text line that matches the user query with the product category and applicable item in your feed.
- Richer ad experiences: You can feature relevant product imagery from your feed in app ads that serve on AdMob, YouTube, and elsewhere.
- Expand reach and increase conversions: App campaigns with feeds attached typically reach more users and see increased conversions thanks to the improved targeting and customized formats that feeds enable.
Types of feeds
There are two types of feeds that you can use with your App campaign.
- Google Merchant Center feeds: Used by retailers. This feed requires use of Google Merchant Center. Learn how to create a feed in Google Merchant Center, and about signing up for Merchant Center, if you haven't signed up yet.
- Business data feeds: Used commonly by businesses in the flight, local, travel, and hotel verticals, as well as those who need custom templates (App campaigns support business data feed templates for these verticals only in addition to the custom template. There are other templates to choose from during business data feed creation that are not supported by App campaigns). Learn more about feeds and business data and how to set up business data feeds for App campaigns.
Building a feed
There are best practices and data templates to set up high-quality business data feeds that are used specifically for App campaigns and not other campaigns. It's important to follow these best practices and requirements in order to effectively use ad feeds. Learn how to use and create feeds for App campaigns
Tracking feed performance
Tracking performance of your App campaign feeds can help you optimize your feeds and ultimately improve your ads and ad performance. You can view performance based on metrics such as impressions, clicks, in-app actions, and cost. Learn how to track App campaign feed performance