Tighten your App campaign audience targeting with audience exclusion lists that let you choose who should not see your ads. Learn more about audience exclusion lists for App campaigns.
Before you begin
In order to successfully exclude certain potential or current app users from your advertising audience base, you must follow all of the steps below.
- Link your campaign to your Firebase SDK account.
- Enable Firebase conversion tracking.
- Enable bidding on Firebase conversion actions.
- If you have a child account that is under a manager account, set up Firebase conversion tracking and enable bidding from your manager account.
- You must have an audience list that is eligible for exclusion. These include Google Play all-user audience lists and lists imported from Firebase or Google Analytics for Firebase (these must be based on Firebase events).
If you haven’t completed all of these steps and you attempt to create audience exclusion lists, you’ll be prompted to meet the missing requirements.
- Sign into Google Ads.
- Select Audiences in the page menu to the right of the campaign menu (on the left side of your screen).
- Click Exclusions under “Audiences”.
- Click the blue plus button.
- Click Select a campaign.
- All campaigns eligible for audience exclusions will be filtered to the top.
- You can revert the list to all campaigns by hovering over the “Eligibility” field and selecting All in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Choose the campaign for which you’re creating audience exclusions.
- Check the boxes beside all applicable audiences. See note on eligible lists above.
- Click Save.