As announced in October 2019, Google has been working with key measurement companies including Nielsen, Comscore, Oracle Moat, DoubleVerify, Dynata, Kantar and Integral Ad Science to migrate their services to Ads Data Hub in 2020.
After the migration is complete, all measurement vendors will use Ads Data Hub for reporting on YouTube campaigns and pixels will no longer serve on the YouTube platform.
After careful coordination and consideration with our measurement partners, we are pleased to share the following timeline for Ads Data Hub migration and pixel deprecation on YouTube:
- 15 March 2020: Advertisers must traffic pixels and enable Ads Data Hub linking for all new campaigns that use third-party measurement. Campaigns that don't enable Ads Data Hub reporting will be rejected. Third-party measurement vendors will provide advertisers with the necessary information to enable campaigns for Ads Data Hub.
- 15 June 2020: Third-party pixels and server-to-server integrations will be disabled in the state of California starting on 15 June 2020. YouTube campaigns running in California may experience disruption to pixel-based third-party measurement after this date. Please get in touch with your third-party measurement partner for further details.
- 15 August 2020: Google won't accept pixels on new campaigns. Going forwards, Google will only accept third-party measurement from Ads Data Hub requests. We recommend enabling Ads Data Hub for all campaigns before the 15 August 2020 deadline to avoid reporting issues.
- 1 September 2020: All campaigns must enable Ads Data Hub linking to be eligible for third-party measurement. Any campaign that doesn't enable Ads Data Hub linking is subject to disruptions in third-party measurement after this date.
Enable Ads Data Hub linking for Google Ads
- Go to the Third-Party Measurement Implementation Request form for Google Ads.
- Download the Third-party measurement for video campaigns template in the second yellow warning box at the top of the page.
- If you want to request that Google traffic pixels to your video campaigns, you can also download the 1x1 pixel template for video campaigns template.
- In the form, add your contact information in the following fields: 'Contact name', 'Contact email', 'Email CC', and 'Google Ads Customer ID'. If you're already signed into your Google account, the requested information will be added automatically to the fields.
- In the 'Campaign Type' section, select Video Campaign.
- Click the box next to '3P measurement'.
- If you want to request that Google traffic pixels to your video campaigns, you can also click the box next to Video campaign 1x1 pixel.
- In the Third-party measurement for video campaigns template you downloaded from step 2, add the customer ID, campaign ID, vendor client ID and reporting ID (optional) in the corresponding tabs. The vendor client ID and the reporting ID are provided to you by the third-party partner.
- If you want to request that Google traffic pixels to your video campaigns, you can also fill in the 1x1 pixel template for video campaigns template.
- Upload the template(s) in the form, then click Submit.
Enable Ads Data Hub linking for Display & Video 360
Enable your advertiser and provide a vendor client ID: Contact support to enable third-party measurement for your advertiser. You’ll need to provide the vendor client ID for each measurement type for each vendor you’d like to enable. The vendor client ID is provided to you by the third-party partner.
You can verify the vendor client ID by navigating to Additional settings > Third-party vendors in your advertiser.
- Enable measurement on line items: Once third-party measurement is enabled for your advertiser, you’ll be able to set it on individual TrueView line items by navigating to Additional settings > Third-party vendors. You can also add a reporting ID, which is provided to you by the third-party partner.
Enable Ads Data Hub linking for YouTube Reserve campaigns (for example, Google Preferred)
Please reach out to your Google representative with the vendor client ID (and optional reporting ID) if provided by your third-party measurement vendor.
Enable Ads Data Hub linking for Partner Sold Programme
Please reach out to your publisher.