Ads certifications are professional accreditations that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of Google Ads.
A Google Ads certification allows you to demonstrate that Google recognises you as an expert in online advertising. You can access Google Ads certifications on the Skillshop Google Ads certification page.
Before you begin
If you don't have a Skillshop account, you need to create one to access the Google Ads assessments that are required to become certified. Learn how to set up your Skillshop account
- Demonstrate your expertise. Show current and prospective clients that you're a certified online advertising professional with a personalised certificate that you can print.
- Help your company become a Google Partner or Premier Partner in the Google Partners programme. Learn more about the requirements
Google Partners certifications requirement
Certifications are one of the three requirement categories to be a Partner or Premier Partner. The following certifications count towards the certifications requirement:
- Google Ads Search
- Google Ads Display
- Google Ads Video
- Shopping ads
- Google Ads apps
You can access these certifications in the Skillshop Google Ads certifications page.
Google Ads certifications are available in 22 languages.
Available languages: Czech, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, English (UK), English (US), French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese
Prepare for your Google Ads certifications
We recommend that you have on-the-job experience using Google Ads. You should be familiar with online advertising concepts and best practices, and should have experience managing different types of Google Ads campaigns.
You can also prepare by accessing courses in Skillshop.
Assessment passing scores and time limits
You will need to have a score of 80% or greater on the certification assessment. You will have 75 minutes to take an assessment. If you don't pass an assessment, you can retake it one day later.
There's a timer that will start to count down when you begin the assessment. You won't be able to pause the timer once it starts. If you leave the assessment, for example, if you close your browser or your computer shuts down, the timer will immediately expire. You'll have to wait one day to take the assessment again.
How to stay certified
Your Google Ads certification will remain valid until the product area certification expires (one year). You’ll need to retake and pass the certification assessment in the respective product area to renew your certification.
Guidelines for communicating your certification status
Your Google Ads certification demonstrate that you're a certified online advertising professional. Here's what you can say to current and prospective clients about this recognition:
- Your Google Ads certification recognises that you're a certified online advertising professional.
- You've received this accreditation after successfully passing the Google Ads certification assessment administered by Skillshop.
Here's an example of what you can say about your certification status:
'Google has recognised me as a Google Ads certified professional, meaning that I've passed multiple assessments that assess my product expertise. I'm qualified to help you grow your business on the web using Google Ads'.
Here are some additional guidelines about communicating your certification:
- You may only refer to yourself as certified if you, personally, have passed the certification assessments. It's not enough for a co-worker to be certified or for your agency to be badged.
- You can refer to yourself as 'certified' as long as your certification remains in effect. After the expiry date, you won't be able to refer to yourself as 'certified' until you pass the assessments again.
- You're allowed to mention your certification on your CV, business cards, LinkedIn profile and other social media profiles. Bear in mind that Google Partners logos can only be used in accordance with our usage guidelines.
The difference between Google Ads certifications and the Google Partner badge
- Individuals can earn Google Ads certifications. As a certified professional, you can demonstrate your achievement with a personalised certificate issued by Google.
- Companies can become a Google Partner or Premier Partner through the Google Partners programme. A company that meets the requirements to become a Google Partner will be allowed to promote itself as a company with Google Partner status. Note that a company doesn't become a Google Partner simply by joining the programme.