Seasonality adjustments are an advanced tool that can be used to inform Smart Bidding of expected changes in conversion rates for future events like promotions or sales.
Use seasonality adjustments only if you expect major changes to conversion rates, because Smart Bidding already manages seasonal events. Seasonal adjustments are ideal for short events of 1-7 days. They may not work as well if you use them for extended periods (more than 14 days at a time). Seasonality adjustments are currently available for Search, Shopping and Display campaigns.
How it works
When you create a seasonality adjustment, you're scheduling a conversion rate adjustment (an increase or a decrease), which accounts for estimated changes due to an upcoming event.
For example, if you’re expecting conversion rates to increase by 50% during a 3-day sale, you can create a seasonality adjustment that increases the conversion rate by up to 50% for those 3 days. At the end of the sale, Smart Bidding can instantly go back to pre-sales behaviour without the need for a ramp down.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the top-right corner, click the Tools icon .
- From the drop-down menu, select Bid Strategies under "Shared Library".
- Under "Bid Strategies", click Advanced Controls.
- Select the Seasonality Adjustments option at the top.
- To create a new seasonality adjustment, click the blue plus symbol .
- Give your adjustment a name and description, fill in the event's start and end dates, and choose your scope and devices.
- Adjust your conversion rate to reflect your estimated conversion rate change.
- Click Save.