Seasonality adjustments are an advanced tool that can be used to inform Smart Bidding of expected changes in conversion rates for future events like promotions or sales.
Note: Use seasonality adjustments only if you expect major changes to conversion rates, because Smart Bidding already manages seasonal events. Seasonal adjustments are ideal for short events of 1-7 days. They may not work as well if you use them for extended periods (more than 14 days at a time). Seasonality adjustments are currently available for Search, Shopping and Display campaigns.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the top-right corner, click the Tools icon .
- From the drop-down menu, select Bid Strategies under "Shared Library".
- Select Advanced Controls from the page menu on the left.
- Select the Seasonality Adjustments option at the top.
- To create a new seasonality adjustment, click the blue plus symbol .
- Give your adjustment a name and description, fill in the event's start and end dates, and choose your scope and devices.
- Adjust your conversion rate to reflect your estimated conversion rate change.
- Click Save.
- Seasonality adjustments may change how your bid strategies perform. Before you create an adjustment, make sure the information is correct. Click Create seasonality adjustment.