Seasonality adjustments are an advanced tool that can be used to inform Smart Bidding of expected changes in conversion rates for future events like promotions or sales.
Note: Use seasonality adjustments only if you expect major changes to conversion rates, because Smart Bidding already manages seasonal events. Seasonal adjustments are ideal for short events of 1—7 days. They may not work as well if you use them for extended periods (more than 14 days at a time).
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- In the top-right corner, click the tool icon .
- From the drop-down menu, select Bid Strategies under "Shared Library".
- Select Advanced Controls from the page menu on the left.
- Select the Seasonality Adjustments option at the top.
- To create a new seasonality adjustment, click the plus symbol .
- Give your adjustment a name and description, fill in the event's start and end dates, and choose your scope and devices.
- Adjust your conversion rate to reflect your estimated conversion rate change.
- Click Save.
- Seasonality adjustments may change how your bid strategies perform. Before you create an adjustment, make sure the information is correct. Click Create seasonality adjustment.
Note: If you choose specific campaigns to include in a seasonality event, a maximum of 2,000 campaigns can be saved with the event. To include more campaigns, you can create another event or use the campaign type selection, like Search campaigns.