Note: This article applies only to Hotel campaigns in Google Ads. If you haven’t yet migrated your campaigns to Google Ads, read about bidding in the Hotel Center.
When you use bid adjustments for audience lists, you can reach customers that may be more likely to convert on your Hotel ads, such as loyalty program members, frequent customers, or customers who were recently shopping on your site. You may also want to target audience lists to market your hotel brand to a specific set of travelers.
Note: You can use bid adjustments for the following types of audience lists: website visitors, similar audiences, custom combination, and customer lists.
How it works
Audience bid adjustments are only available with campaigns, and work only with CPC and Enhanced CPC bidding strategies.
To bid on audience lists, you must:
- Have an audience list in Google Ads or create an audience list.
- Have an audience list that is owned by the Google Ads account you are linking to Hotel Ads Center.
- Link your Hotel Ads Center account to Google Ads, and have administrative access to your Google Ads account to accept the link request. Link your Hotel Ads Center and Google Ads accounts
You can set the audience bid adjustment from -90% to +200% for Hotel campaigns in Google Ads.
Bid adjustment effects for audience lists
The audience bid adjustment acts in combination with the other bid adjustments, including length of stay, advanced booking window, device type, and others. When you combine different adjustments, the base bid may be raised by up to 10x the base bid. Learn more about bid adjustment effects
How bidding for audience lists works with multiple campaigns
If you have multiple campaigns targeting the same traffic, the auction will select the one with the highest effective bid. For example, suppose Campaign A and Campaign B are targeting the same Hotel ID and user country.
Campaign A has a $2 base bid, with a 100% bid multiplier for an audience list, and Campaign B has a $5 base bid with no multiplier. Campaign B will earn the impression, even though it has no audience list bid adjustment.
Keep in mind:
- Customers always see the lowest rate for which they're eligible, regardless of bid adjustments.
- If a customer is part of multiple audience lists that have been targeted in a campaign, the highest adjustment among the matching audience lists is used.