Note: Google is in the process of updating certain Billing pages in Google Ads, and with those updates the content in this article will change. While the content is being updated, please refer to the following articles to learn more about the new pages:
While your Transactions page shows you monthly accrued costs for each campaign, you can view daily costs for one or more of your campaigns–or even your entire account–by viewing your Billed cost report.
With this report, you can also check your served cost versus your billed cost for each campaign.
- The served cost is the cost of all the clicks or impressions that the campaign received.
- The billed cost is the actual amount you’re responsible for paying, after adjustments have been made to your account for items like overdelivery, invalid activity, and more.
View daily costs at the campaign or account level from the Transactions page
Sign in to your Google Ads account.
In the navigation bar at the top of your screen under "Billing", choose Transactions.
- To view daily costs for a campaign: Make sure you’re on the “Detailed transaction view”. For the month you’re interested in, click the campaign name you want to view daily costs for in the “Description” column. This takes you to your billed cost report, prefiltered to show daily costs for that campaign over that month.
- To view daily costs for your account: Make sure you switch to the “Summary view” at the top of the Transactions page. For the month you’re interested in, find the “Costs” row and click the click the “Campaign activity” item in the Description column. This takes you to your billed cost report, prefiltered to show daily costs for all of your campaigns across your entire account over that month.
View daily costs at the campaign or account level from the Reports page
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the reports icon and click Predefined reports (Dimensions), then Other, then Billed cost. By default, you’ll see daily costs for each individual campaign that served ads over the most recent month.
To view daily cost breakdowns for one or more campaigns
- Click the Filter icon to the right of the page and choose Budget name. The budget name will correspond to your campaign name, as it shows in your Google Ads “Campaigns” page.
- In the left side of the dialog, check the boxes for campaigns that you want to see daily costs for. (You can also search for campaigns and choose from the search results, or if you want to see daily costs for all campaigns, check the box at the top, next to the number of total results.)
- Click Apply.
To view daily cost breakdowns at account level
- Under the table menu to the right, under the “Row” section, click Budget name in the top right corner.
- Click Delete.
This removes the “Budget name” column so that your report now shows the daily cost breakdown for your entire account for a given time period.
Customizing your report
As with other reports in your Google Ads account, you’ll be able to customize your report in the following ways:
- To adjust the date range: Click the date range in the upper right of the page.
- Rearrange columns:
- To add columns to the table, click Modify columns. Choose from the metrics and dimensions available on the right and add them to your report by clicking the plus icon.
- To remove columns from the table, click on the column you wish to remove in the table menu under the “Column” section and click Delete.
- To resize a column, click and drag the edge of the column header left or right. Learn more about adding and removing columns.
- Sort data: To sort your table, click the header of the column that you want to sort your data by. To reverse the order, click the same header again.
- View the data as a table, pie chart, line chart, bar chart, or scatter chart: To switch from one option to another, click the Table drop-down in the table menu to the right and select an option.
- Export the data as CSV, Excel, PDF, and other formats: Click the download button on the upper right hand-corner.