About tagless remarketing lists
This article explains how tagless remarketing lists are generated from your Showcase Shopping ads. Showcase Shopping Ads allow you to engage users earlier in the purchase journey when they’re discovering what to buy and where to buy it. Users may show interest in your products by engaging with your Showcase Shopping ads by browsing through your products or clicking on your store link.
Tagless remarketing lists were designed with these users in mind, as a way to remarket to a specific group who have previously engaged with your ad. Engagement occurs when a user either clicks on your ad or views it for longer than 10 seconds. Learn more about engagements on Showcase Shopping ads.
Supported campaign types:
Unsupported campaign types:
- Search Network with Display Select
- Smart Shopping
How tagless remarketing lists work
Tagless remarketing lists are generated automatically through your Showcase Shopping ads and cannot be manually created. These lists are created up to 48 hours after your Showcase Shopping ads have at least 1000 interactions. To utilize these lists for other campaigns, you first need to be participating in Showcase Shopping ads.
Once the lists are generated, the list name will start with “Users who interacted with Showcase Ads”.
You can leverage tagless remarketing lists to capture these upper funnel shoppers, and re-engage with them as they get closer to making a purchase.
Tagless remarketing lists:
- Have a membership duration of 14 days which cannot be changed.
- Can't be used as a part of custom combination lists.
- Can be excluded from targeting on Search campaigns, but not on Shopping campaigns.
- Are automatically generated and cannot be manually edited.
Note: Users are still able to opt-out of ads from advertisers they do not want to see, and they can also opt-out of ads personalization.
- Reach valuable customers: Using tagless remarketing, you can find new users who have been searching for upper funnel terms and viewing Showcase ads, and re-engage them as they get closer to making a purchase.
- Smart bidding compatibility: These lists are fully compatible with Smart Bidding.
- Modify bids: Depending on your campaign performance, a higher bid can help you stand out or a lower bid can save on your budget.
- Apply to PLA campaigns: Using tagless remarketing, you can retarget users who have seen your Showcase ads and move them down the funnel toward conversion.
- Use automated bidding: Similar audience cost per conversion can be up to 25% higher than remarketing since those lists targeting new users. Leverage tCPA or tROAS for better performance results. If the main success metric is "conversion," use tCPA. ECPC is a bidding model designed to optimize for clicks, rather than for conversions.
If you don’t see a tagless remarketing list in your account:
- Ensure that you are currently running Showcase Shopping ads in your account. Tagless lists depend on engagements with Showcase Shopping ads. If engagements have reduced recently, the list size will also decrease.
- Filter for “Showcase” to find the lists, which will be under the “Website Visitors” section. The list name will start with “Users who interacted with Showcase Ads”.
- If there are fewer than 1000 interactions, a tagless remarketing list will not be generated. More engagements are required.