Hotel campaigns in Google Ads use the new Google Ads API (previously the AdWords API) for performance reporting, budgets, bids, and campaign management.
This article covers how to get access to the Google Ads API.
Before you begin
If you already use the Google Ads API (previously the AdWords API): You already have a developer token with access to the Google Ads API. You can start using the Google Ads API beta for Hotel campaigns. Learn more about the Google Ads API beta for Hotel campaigns
If you don't already use the Google Ads API: Before you can access the Google Ads API, you'll need to create your Google Ads account structure, including a manager account and managed accounts.
Get Google Ads API access
- Sign in to your Google Ads manager account. Learn how to create a manager account
- In the Google Ads interface, click the Tools icon and select API Center under "Setup" to request a developer token.
- The API Center link will only show if you're signed in to a manager account.
- Use this form to request access to the Google Ads API with the following information:
- Manager account ID
- Last 4 characters of the developer token that is generated after completing the API center form
- Issue type: Other
- Description: Indicate you are a "Hotel Ads Partner" and describe your issue
You'll receive a confirmation email when you've been granted access to the Google Ads API. If you have any questions regarding the application process, contact us.
Use the Google Ads API for Hotel campaigns
Read the Hotel Ads Overview to learn how to perform common tasks with the Google Ads API, such as creating and modifying campaigns, ad groups, hotel groups, and bids.