Set up store sales (data partner) conversion tracking
Store sales (data partner) is a type of offline conversion tracking where a third-party data partner matches the offline sales information you track in a CRM to clicks on your ads. The matching is done through a tracking tag on your website. The data partner will then import your conversions into Google Ads, so you can see which keywords, ads, ad groups, and campaigns likely have the greatest impact on store sales.
Before you begin
Store sales conversions are only available to large advertisers with multiple physical store locations. Ask your account representative if store sales conversions are available for your business. Your account representative will need to sign you up for store sales conversions and help you with the setup process.
To track store sales conversions, you’ll also need to do the following:
- Enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads account.
- Track store sales data in a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- If you use a manager account, you’ll need to decide if you want to track conversions through the manager account, or the individual Google Ads account. Learn more about cross-account conversion tracking.
You’ll need to work with your Google Ads account representative to set up your account for store sales (data partner) conversion tracking. They’ll walk you through the following steps:
- Establish API access for data partners. The data partners will need to request Google Ads API (AdWords API) access. You’ll then confirm their request in your Google Ads account.
- Create a file from your CRM system based on a template provided by the data partner and submit it to the partner. You’ll start by submitting a practice file to make sure everything is working. Then, you’ll regularly send a file to the data partner per their requirements so they can track your conversions.
- The data partner will provide a conversion tracking tag that you’ll add to your website.
- Your account representative will set up store sales conversion actions in your Google Ads account.