This article explains what happens to any remaining funds or balances after you cancel your Google Ads account. You can also learn more about canceling your account or accessing your canceled account.
How you'll get your refund
If you have funds remaining in your account, we'll refund these to you after you cancel your account. We don't refund funds from promotional offers.If you pay by credit card or bank account (direct debit)
We'll refund the credit card or bank account you used to make payments. It can take up to 4 weeks for your credit card or bank to process the refund.
We'll need your bank account details to process your refund. Follow the instructions in your account to send us your details. We'll process your refund within 4 weeks of receiving your information.
Checking your account balance after cancellation
Even after you've canceled your account, you can sign in to Google Ads and check whether you have unpaid advertising costs:
- In your Google Ads account, click the Billing icon .
- Click Billing activity.
- You’ll see one of the following:
- If your account used automatic payments, your unpaid advertising costs will be the amount shown under Your balance.
- If your account used monthly invoicing, your unpaid advertising costs will be the amount shown under Amount due.
- If your account made manual payments, you won’t have unpaid balances. Any funds remaining in your account from a prepayment will be refunded via the credit card or bank account previously used for your account. If you paid by funds transfer, you’ll need to provide your bank account details to process the refund.
- To verify that you didn't accrue any additional charges on your account after your ads stopped running, click Transactions from the menu on the left and look for "Campaign activity" line items after the date that your ads stopped running.
Paying for account balances after cancellation
If you have an account balance, we'll automatically charge your primary payment method within the next 31 days. Your final automatic charge will include any costs that your ads accrued before your cancellation and for which you haven't yet been billed.