About notifications in manager accounts
Notifications in your manager account help you stay on top of important issues that may affect both your manager account and your client accounts.
Your “Notifications” page, which you can find in the side navigation from any page in your manager account, displays notifications for all the manager accounts you manage and client accounts linked directly and indirectly to your manager account. Here are the different types of notifications for manager accounts:
- Payment alerts (including for declined and expiring credit and debit cards)
- Keyword and Creative alerts (including for underperforming keywords and disapproved ads)
- Campaign alerts (including for campaigns ending or ended)
- Budget alerts (including for account budgets running low or running out and account budgets ending)
- Account alerts (including inactive accounts due to incomplete account information)
Keep in mind
Your manager account won’t display all available alerts for your client accounts. Drill down directly into your client accounts to see all alerts for each account. You’ll see those alerts in the top corner of the client account. Learn more about alerts and notifications for individual Google Ads accounts.
Search for notifications within client accounts
To search for notifications within specific client accounts, you can create filters to view only certain types of alerts, those triggered at certain times, and alerts for particular accounts.
Here's how to filter your notifications:
- Sign in to your manager account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Accounts, then click Notifications.
- Click the filter icon , and select from the following filters: Type, Accounts, Managed account type, Account name, or Customer ID. You can apply multiple filters.
To dismiss an alert, check the box next to the alert you want to remove and click the Dismiss button. When you drill down into your client accounts, you will no longer see the alerts you dismissed; however, users who log in through the individual Google Ads account will still see these alerts unless they have also been dismissed by a user at the account level.
You can't dismiss critical (red) alerts, but as the related issues are resolved, the system updates will remove them. The frequency of these updates vary by alert type, but alert-related issues that you've resolved should be reflected in your client accounts within 24 hours or less.
Alerts for manager accounts are updated at various times and frequencies throughout the day, depending on the type of alert. Most alerts shown on the “Notifications” page are updated throughout the day as our systems process the information that triggers these alerts. Among these are most payment alerts and keyword and creative alerts.
Some alerts are updated daily at 2 am in the advertiser's local time zone. These daily alerts include campaign ending alerts, budget alerts, and payment alerts for no billing information entered and no bank transfer prepayment received.
Alerts on the “Notifications” page show the date the alert was first triggered. In addition, the time-stamp message at the bottom of your “Notifications” page tells you when your alerts were last updated. Earlier alerts that haven't changed yet will remain in place despite this update.