Responsive search ads offer true query-time optimisation by assembling the assets into ads that are predicted to perform best for each individual user’s search.
Create one responsive search ad per ad group
Every ad group should have at least one responsive search ad. That way, the system can optimise your performance, and you can check your performance data to learn what message resonates best with your audience.
For successful account organisation, make sure that you create very specific ad groups. For example, if you sell gourmet food, create different ad groups for different foods that you offer. A biscuit-loving customer is more likely to click an ad about biscuits than a generic ad about food. Specificity and detail help your ads be more relevant. Relevance tends to lead to higher quality ads that perform better in the ad auction and generate more conversions.Steps to create a responsive search ad and ad groups
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads and extensions on the page menu on the left, then select Ads.
- Click the name of an existing ad group. Under the 'Ad type' column, check if the ad group has one responsive search ad that’s centred around a specific business goal.
- To create a new ad group, click the plus button . Make sure that you plan your ad group around a specific business goal.
- To create a responsive search ad within your ad group, click Ads and extensions on the page menu on the left. Click the plus button and select Responsive search ad, then choose an ad group.
- Write your ad. To create relevant ads, match your keywords (what triggers your ad) and your ad text (what people can view). The more unique headlines and descriptions that you enter, the more opportunities Google Ads has to serve ads that match your potential customers’ search queries, which can improve your ad performance. Ad Strength makes it easy for you to improve the effectiveness of your ads.
- Put yourself in the mindset of people searching on Google. What do they enter that triggers your ad? What do you offer that they’d want?
- Write relevant, engaging ads that connect what people are searching for on Google with what people will find on your landing page after they click your ad.
- When you're satisfied with your new responsive search ad, click Save ad and then continue to create variations on the ad in your ad group.