Create successful Search campaigns
Create specific ad groups with at least 3 ads
Better ads and optimized rotation drive more qualified clicks from your text ads. That’s because the Google Ads system shows your most relevant ad to people searching on Google.
Create 3 or more ads per ad group
Every ad group should have at least 3 quality ads. That way, the system can optimize your performance, and you can check your performance data to learn what message resonates best with your audience.
For successful account organization, be sure to create very specific ad groups. For example, if you sell gourmet food, create different ad groups for different foods you offer. A cookie-loving customer is more likely to click an ad about cookies than a generic ad about food. Specificity and detail helps your ads be more relevant. Relevance tends to lead to higher quality ads that perform better in the ad auction (and generate more conversions).
How to create ads and ad groups
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the page menu on the left, click Ad groups.
- In your Ad groups table, click on the name of an existing ad group to see if has at least 3 ads centered around a specific business goal.
- To create a new ad group, click Create ad group. Make sure you plan your ad group around a specific business goal.
- To get started creating at least 3 text ads within your ad group, click the plus button and select the “Text ad” option.
- Write your ad. To create relevant ads, match your keywords (what triggers your ad) and your ad text (what people see).
- Put yourself in the mindset of people searching on Google. What do they enter that triggers your ad? What do you offer that they’d want?
- Write relevant, engaging ads that connect what people are searching for on Google with what people will find on your landing page after they click your ad.
- When you're satisfied with your new text ad, click Save ad and then continue creating variations on the ad in your ad group.