Create and schedule performance reports from your manager account
You can create, download, and manage account-level and campaign-level performance reports across all of your managed accounts, including those linked to sub-manager accounts.
This article explains the basics of creating and managing reports from your manager account.
Keep in mind that for certain advertisers, when you use the new Google Ads experience, you’ll be able to download manager account reports that you created in the previous experience; however, you won’t be able to make any changes to them in the new experience.
Choose the Google Ads experience you're using. Learn more
Manage your performance reports
You can create, download, and manage account-level and campaign-level performance reports across all of your managed accounts, including those linked to sub-manager accounts, or just the accounts you choose. Then you can schedule the reports to be emailed to the users you specify.
Download campaign-level reports
From your manager account’s Campaigns tab, you can download campaign-level reports across all of your managed accounts, or just the accounts you choose, using the download button, just like you do in individual AdWords accounts. Your manager account has access to the same campaign-related columns as individual AdWords accounts, as well as columns for “Account name” and “Account labels.”
Here's how to download performance reports from your manager account's "Campaigns" tab.
- Sign in to your manager account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Make sure that the table contains the date range, columns, filters, and segments you'd like to include in your report. Segments that you've applied to the data in the table show up in your report as columns.
- Click in the toolbar above the table to open the download panel.
- Use the "Format" drop-down to select the file type for your report.
- Click Download.
Create and manage reports from the "Reports" tab
Use your manager account's Reports tab to create, manage, and schedule reports for all the accounts you manage. We’ll store all of your scheduled reports and up to 100 non-scheduled reports and display them on the "Reports" tab. This total doesn't count against the number of reports you can store in your individual managed accounts' report center. Once you reach the limit, new reports will replace the old reports.
Here's how to create a report from the "Reports" tab:
- From the Reports tab of your manager account, click +Create report. From there, you’ll be able to customize your report using the options described below.
- Once you’ve made all of your selections, click Create to generate your report.
Here are all of your options for creating your report:Report types
You can create performance reports for the following areas:
Ad extensions reports:
- App extension performance
- Call extension performance
- Offer extension performance
- Sitelinks extension performance
- Location extension performance
- Campaign-level ad extension performance
- Callout extension performance
- Review extension performance
- Destination URL performance
- Geographic performance
- User locations performance
- Search term performance
- Paid and organic performance
- Free clicks performance
- Call details performance
Display network reports:
- Topic performance
- Automatic placement performance (URL)
- Automatic placement performance (domain)
- Managed placement performance (URL)
- Managed placement performance (domain)
- Account performance
- Campaign performance
- Ad group performance
- Ad performance
- Keyword performance
- Audience performance
- Auto target performance
- Video campaign performance
- Campaign details
- Ad group details
You can download your reports in any of the following formats:
- Excel .csv
Choose to run your report from a group of pre-selected date ranges, or select “Custom” to set your own date range. Use the “Compared to” drop-down menu to run a report that compares two different date ranges.
Apply segments to your reports in much the same way as you do in your managed accounts. Click Add segment to begin, then select the option you want to segment by, such as “Network,” “Click type,” or “Device.”
You can choose to have your reports display data for all of your managed accounts and campaigns, or just the accounts and campaigns you choose.
- “All accounts and campaigns” - Select this option to shows data for all of your managed accounts and their campaigns.
- “Select accounts and campaigns” - Choose this option to pick the specific managed accounts and campaigns you want included in this report. You can use the search feature to locate specific accounts and campaign. Click + next to the account name to see campaigns. Click Add next to the accounts or campaigns you want to include in this report.
- “Account labels” - Choose accounts by their account labels. Click Add next to the labels you want included in this report.
Each type of report has its own set of default columns. You can choose “Default columns for this report type” to see just these default columns, or choose “Select columns” to choose the specific columns you want to see. You’ll be able to view different categories of columns from the “Level of detail” drop-down menu below the “Columns” radio button choices. If you choose to save your set of columns, they will remain saved in the manager account, even if the scope of accounts is changed.
Keep in mind
- When displaying data for multiple accounts with more than one currency, we won’t show totals in cost columns such as “Budget,” “Cost,” “Avg. CPC,” and columns related to conversion values.
- When displaying data for multiple accounts, we won’t show totals for columns related to competitive metrics, such as impression share, or search funnels.
Select Level of detail from the drop-down to see these column options related to account information:
- Client name
- Company name
- Customer ID (default)
- Ad group
Select Attributes from the drop-down to see these column options:
- Time zone
- Ad group state
- Campaign state
- Keyword state
- Match type
- Quality score
- Est. first page bid
- Est. top page bid
- Max CPC
- Max vCPM
- Destination URL
Select Performance from the drop-down to see these column options:
- Clicks (default)
- Impressions (default)
- Invalid clicks
- Invalid clicks rate
- CTR (default)
- Avg. CPC (default)
- Avg. vCPM (default)
- Search impression share
- Search exact match impression share
- Search lost impression share (rank)
- Search lost impression share (budget)
- Display impression share
- Display lost impression share (rank)
- Display lost impression share (budget)
- Cost (default)
- Average position (default)
- Bounce rate
- Avg. page views
- Avg. time on site
- % New Sessions
Select Conversions from the drop-down to see these column options:
- Conversion rate
- Cost / conversions
- View-through conversions
- View-through conversion rate
- Total conversion value
- Value / conversions
- Conversion value / cost
- Conversion value / click
- Sales conversions
- Sales conversion value
- Leads conversions
- Leads conversion value
- Sign-up conversions
- Sign-up conversion value
- Page view conversion value
- Page view conversions
- Other conversions
- Other conversion value
- Estimated total conversions
- Cost / estimated total conversions
- Estimated total conversion rate
- Estimated total conversion value
- Estimated total conversion value /cost
- Value / estimated total conversions
- Estimated total conversion value / click
- Estimated cross-device conversions
Use filters to include only the data that interests you most in your report.
- Click the first drop-down menu, go to the type of filter you want (Conversions, Performance, Attributes, Level of Detail, Network), and select an option from the list that appears to the right of the arrow.
- Choose the other filter options from the available drop-down menus.
- To create an additional filter for this report, click Add another and follow the steps above.
You can choose to have your report emailed to yourself or to other users on the manager account. Once you’ve clicked +Create report from the ”Reports” tab, click Email and schedule report, then choose from the following:
- “No one (no emails needed)” - This is the default option; no emails will be sent.
- “Only me” - The report will be sent to the email address for the manager who’s signed in to the manager account.
- “All account users with access to view reports” - This report will be sent to any users on the manager account who are already granted access to view reports.
- “Specific account users and me” - Choose the users on the manager account you want to receive the report.
Email access to reports is tied to user-access controls for your manager account. If you want to send the report to someone who doesn't sign in to your manager account directly, you’ll need to add them as an email-only user. Email-only users cannot log into your account; they can only receive account alerts, reports, and other notifications via email.
Here’s how to add an email-only user to your manager account:
- Click the gear icon in the top corner and select Account settings.
- Click Account access in the side navigation.
- Click +User.
- Enter their email address and name (optional).
- Click the Access level drop-down menu and select Email only access.
Schedule your report
You can choose to have the report emailed just once (this is the default) or set up a schedule. To create a schedule, click the drop-down menu and select how often you want the report to be sent to recipients you specified above.
Manage your reports
Once you’ve created a report, it’ll appear in the table on your “Reports” tab. The table shows you the settings for each report, when it was created, and by which user.
From the “Actions” column of this table, you also have the option to run or edit your report, or create another report that’s similar.
To run a report:
- Click Run in the “Actions” column of the report you want to run.
- Select an end date for the report.
- Click Run.
To edit a report:
- Click Edit in the “Actions” column of the report you want to change.
- Make your changes to any of the options in the “Edit report” window.
- When you’re ready, click Save.
To create a report that’s similar to an existing report:
- Click Create similar in the “Actions” column of the report you want to use as the basis for your new report.
- The “Download and schedule report” window will show settings based on the report you selected. Make changes as needed to create your new report.
- Click Create.