Edit keywords in bulk
You can make bulk changes to your keywords by using tools such as Google Ads Editor or Google Ads API (Google Ads API (AdWords API)), or by using the Edit menu.
Google Ads Editor
You can use Google Ads Editor, a free downloadable application for managing your account, to make bulk changes to your keywords. The process is simple: download your account, make your changes, and then upload your revised campaigns when the changes are finalized.
Google Ads API (Google Ads API (AdWords API))
You can use Google Ads API (Google Ads API (AdWords API)) (Application Programming Interface), a tool that lets developers build applications that directly interact with the Google Ads server. If your account is larger or complex, these applications can help you manage your account more efficiently.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
You can save time by using the Edit menu to make multiple edits to several keywords at the same time.
To change multiple keywords:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- "Search Network only" or "Search Network with Display Select": Go to the Keywords tab.
- "Display Network only": Go to the Display Network tab, then to the Display Keywords tab.
- Select the checkboxes next to the keywords that you'd like to edit. The selected keywords will be highlighted.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu, then choose what type of change you’d like to make.