The Google Ads Application Programming Interface (API) is designed for developers representing large, tech-savvy advertisers and third parties. This includes agencies, search engine marketers (SEMs), and other online marketing professionals who manage multiple client accounts or large campaigns.
The Google Ads API lets developers build applications that interact directly with the Google Ads server. With these applications, advertisers and third parties can more efficiently and creatively manage their large or complex Google Ads accounts and campaigns.
How you can use the API
Because implementing the Google Ads API takes technical know-how and programming skills, best results can be achieved by advertisers who employ software developers.
The API is flexible and functional -- you can use it to build an application that meets your needs. Using the API, you can:
- Automatically generate keywords, ad text, landing pages, and custom reports.
- Integrate Google Ads data with your inventory system to manage campaigns based on stock.
- Develop additional tools and applications to help you manage accounts.
The API can be accessed via gRPC and JSON REST. To get you started, we currently provide client libraries in the following programming languages: Java, PHP, Python, .NET, and Ruby.
Getting started with the API
Signing up is easy. All you need is an active Google Ads account. Once you've registered as a developer, you can access the API Center to manage your token and budget settings. Your developer token is a unique combination of letters, numbers, and characters that identifies your Google Ads API activity. It's your key to talking to the Google Ads server and your clients' Google Ads accounts.
- Read the documentation, which has step-by-step instructions on how to get started
- Download a client library to start using the Google Ads API with the programming language of your choice
- Join the Google Ads API Announcements group to receive important updates
- Visit the Google Ads API Forum to have your questions answered