Apply your draft’s changes to the original campaign
With drafts, you can mirror your campaign’s set-up and prepare multiple changes to your campaign at once. If you don’t need to run an experiment to test how the changes affect your campaign performance, you can apply your draft’s changes to the original campaign at any time. This article shows you how to apply your draft’s changes to the campaign. To learn how to create an experiment from your draft, see Set up a campaign experiment.
After you apply a draft to a campaign, the campaign will reflect the changes you made in your draft. Keep in mind that a draft can no longer be edited after it’s applied to a campaign.
Before you start
If you haven’t yet created a draft, read Set up a campaign draft.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
Apply draft changes to the original campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Drafts & experiments, then click Campaign Drafts at the top of the page.
- You’ll see one of the following:
- If you’re coming from a specific campaign page, you’ll see a table that shows just the drafts for that campaign.
- If you’re coming from the the “All campaigns” page, you’ll see a table that shows drafts under the campaigns they’re created from. To change this view, click the 3-dot icon in the upper-right corner, and under “Row grouping”, select None. You’ll then see your drafts listed in alphabetical order by name and see which campaign each is created from in the “Campaign” column. To view drafts grouped by campaigns again, select Campaign.
- Click the draft that you want to apply to the original campaign.
- At the top of the page, click Apply.
- Select Apply changes to the original campaign.
Once you do this, your campaign will reflect the changes you made in your draft.