To show special sales and offers with your ads, create promotional extensions. Promotion extensions makes your offer stand out so potential customers can spot great deals and generate new sales for your business.
This article explains how to create promotion extensions, which are available in all languages. For information about special occasions, and dates they are available to run, read About promotion extensions.
How to create promotion extensions
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Go to the Ad & extensions page menu and click Extensions along the top.
- Click on the plus button and select Promotion extension.
- Choose to add the promotion extension to your account, campaign, or ad group.
- Select the occasion for your promotion (optional). The name of the occasion appears in your ad extension. The dates for each occasion is when your extension may be eligible to show. To narrow this date range, use the Advanced options. Note: Promotion extensions for occasions with the same ad group, campaign or account will be preferred over non-occasion promotion extensions.
- Select the language and currency of your promotion.
- Choose to show a monetary or percentage discount as your Promotion type.
- Enter the Item’s name of the product or service you’re offering.
- Enter the Final URL that will show in your ad.
- Select the type of Offer and enter any requirements for your promotion such as a special code or spending limit.
- In Promotion dates (optional), enter the dates you would like to show on your ad.
Choose optional settings and save
- Expand Advanced options, to change the dates and times of when your promotion extension is eligible to show.
- You can narrow the date range, but you can’t select dates outside of the occasion date range. Otherwise, deselect the occasion and enter the start date and end date for when you wish to run your promotion.
- You can also use “Days and hours” to choose more specific days and times for when your extension may be eligible to show.