About Advanced Verification
Google wants to make sure that local business ads are relevant, useful and lead to a positive customer experience. In order to prevent fraudulent businesses from advertising on Google using false identities, Google Ads and Local Services advertisers in certain verticals will be required to complete Advanced Verification.
This article describes how Advanced Verification works, who is required to complete Advanced Verification, and how to verify your business.
Frequently asked questions about Advanced Verification
Where is Advanced Verification required?
How will Google use my information?
What if I don’t complete Advanced Verification?
How long does the process take?
I already went through a similar process for Google My Business. Do I have to complete Advanced Verification too?
My business did not pass Advanced Verification. What can I do now?
What type of device do I need?
What information do I need to have ready?
What can I expect during the video call?
What is the purpose of the video call?
Advanced Verification questions specific to Google Ads
How can I verify my business with Google Ads?
- Navigate to the Advanced Verification form.
- Enter your name, email, phone number, and the associated Google Ads Customer ID. Select the type of business and enter the business name, business owner name, full business address, business phone number, and website.
- Enter your professional license details if you have a license. If not, leave those fields blank.
- Click Submit.
Fill out all of the required fields accurately to ensure we’re able to review your application in a timely manner. You’ll be notified by email once your application has been processed, typically within two weeks. Contact email@example.com for support if you have any questions or issues with Advanced Verification.
Best practices when filling out the application
- Your Name, Your Email, Your Phone Number: These fields should include the information of the person who is filling out the application.
- Primary Google Ads Customer ID: This is the Customer ID for the Google Ads account that requires verification.
- Business owner name, Business owner's email address, Business name, Business street address: These fields should include accurate information about the business that is seeking verification.
- Business website: The website for the business that’s seeking verification should be functional when you submit the application so our team can review it.
- Google Ads account: If you’re a new advertiser, please create at least one campaign in your Google Ads account before requesting verification. Otherwise the verification will take longer than necessary since we’ll need to ask you to create a campaign before Google can complete our review.