Add or edit price extensions in bulk
This article only applies to the previous AdWords experience. Determine which AdWords experience you’re using.
Price extensions showcase a range of your products or services with your ad. If you use many price extensions, save yourself time by adding and uploading them in bulk.
Before you begin
To learn more about price extensions, start with About price extensions. For instructions on how to add just a few price extensions, go to Use price extensions. This article describes how to use a spreadsheet to add price extensions in bulk, and how to use the Edit menu in your Google Ads account to make bulk changes.
You can also upload price extensions in bulk for other languages. See the translated names and appropriate codes to Add price extensions in bulk (in non-English languages).
How to add price extensions in bulk with a spreadsheet
Part 1. Download the spreadsheet template
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Click the Ad extensions tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Download spreadsheet template.
- Select the format for your report.
- Click Download.
Part 2. Make your changes to the spreadsheet
To add a price extension, specify:
Action (optional). Enter one of the following (in English):
Campaign (required). Enter your campaign name under the “Campaign” field in order to associate your price extensions with this campaign. To associate your price extension with multiple campaigns, create several rows with the same content except for the name of the campaign (do not provide multiple campaign names in one row).
Ad group (optional). Enter your ad group name under the “Ad group” field in order to associate your price extensions with this ad group. Note that a campaign name is required if you choose to associate your price extension with an ad group. The ad group must be part of the campaign you choose. To associate your price extension with multiple ad groups, create several rows with the same content except for the name of the ad group (do not provide multiple ad group names in one row).
Language (required). Make sure the “Language” column of your spreadsheet is set to a “value”-type column. Enter en for English.
Type (required). Enter one of the following price extension types:
- Product categories
- Product tiers
- Service categories
- Service tiers
Price qualifier (optional). Leave this option empty if you don’t want to show a price qualifier. Otherwise, enter one of the following
- Up to
Tracking template (optional). Leave this option empty if you don’t want to show a tracking template. Insert your tracking template URL.
Specific information for each price extension item you want to showcase (required). Enter the following:
- Item header
- Item final URL
- Item description
- Item price — Enter a number with two decimal points + ISO 4217 currency code (for instance, 34.99 USD). If the selected language uses a comma instead of a period to indicate decimal points, use a comma instead (for instance, 34,99 EUR).
Final mobile URL (optional).
Item unit (optional). Leave this option empty if you don’t want to show a price unit. Otherwise, enter one of the following:
- per hour
- per day
- per night
- per week
- per month
- per year
For information about further optional columns to specify scheduling and date ranges, see Make changes with bulk uploads. Keep in mind that device preference isn’t available for price extensions.
Part 3. Upload your spreadsheet to apply and save your changes
- In your Google Ads account, click Campaigns.
- Go to the tab that contains the type of items you want to upload. For example, if you want to upload changes to ad groups, go to the Ad groups tab.
- From the Edit menu, select Upload spreadsheet.
- In the dialog box that opens, select your spreadsheet.
- Click Upload and preview.
- Once your file has finished uploading, we recommend you click Preview changes to make sure the changes in your spreadsheet are accurately reflected in your account.
If the preview of your changes looks good, click Apply changes.
How to edit price extensions in bulk within your account
You can bulk-edit all manual extensions except location extensions and annotations that appear automatically for your ad (for example, seller rating annotations). Here’s how:
- Click the Ad extensions tab, and choose the extension you want to bulk-edit from the View: drop-down menu above the statistics table.
- Check the boxes next to all the extensions you want to edit at once.
- Click Edit next to + Extension, and make your changes.
Keep in mind that some limits do apply to your Google Ads account. If you use a lot of extensions or feeds, follow the best practice of removing or replacing items that no longer apply. To learn more, go to About your Google Ads account limits.