Use price extensions
Price extensions showcase your business’s offerings in detail, so people can find what they want more quickly through your ad. Since each price extension listing has its own link, people can tap straight from your extension to what they want on your website.
Before you begin
As you’re setting up your price extension, it’s important to keep in mind what people will be searching for when they come across your ad. Think about how specific your ads’ keywords are, and try to match that level of specificity in the extension you create. For instance, if your keywords are aimed for people searching for “luxury sheets,” then your extension should give people the specific information they’d want: the range of sheets they can buy and the price of each kind. Keep in mind that people searching for sheets most likely don’t want to see information about towels or rugs.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Decide whether you’d like to add the price extension at the account, campaign, or ad group level. If you’re adding it at the campaign or ad group level, then select the campaign or ad group you'd like to add the extension to.
- Click Ad extensions.
- Click View.
- Click + Extension.
- Click + New price extension.
- Specify this particular price extension’s language, type, currency, and price qualifier.
For 3–8 rows, fill in the fields describing your products or services, the prices of each, and a final URL. Creating 5 or more rows is recommended.
- You don’t need to use a different final URL for each row if you only have one available.
- Extensions can be up to 25 characters per header and 25 characters per description. Your description or header may be shortened for narrower mobile screens.
- For requirements specific to each type of price extension, consult the next section of this article.
- Keep in mind that your extension may also sometimes appear without a description.
- The price you provide may be truncated or rounded for display on mobile. For example, $12,345.67 might show as $12.4K.
- Click Save to save your new price extension.
Requirements for each price extension type
All headers need to be actual brands offered and can't contain anything other than the brand names. For each header, the description should provide further information about that specific brand.
- Example header: Google for Work
- Example description: Professional email, calendars, and online storage
All headers need to relate to specific events (such as date of event, location of event, type of event, or performer). For each header, the description should provide further details about that specific event.
- Example header: November 19th or Country Music Festival, Austin
- Example description: Country Music Festival, Austin or 11/19/16
All headers need to be locations relevant to your business. For each header, the description should provide further details about that specific location.
- Example header: San Francisco
- Example description: Financial district, Marina, Mission
All headers need to be sub-regions or districts within a city or region. For each header, the description should provide further information about that specific neighborhood.
- Example header: Hayes Valley
- Example description: 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom condos
All headers need to be variations of a product category. For each header, the description should provide further information specific to that product category.
- Example header: Tennis shoes
- Example description: Men’s, women’s, junior
All headers need to be levels or sizes. For each header, the description should provide further information about that specific tier.
- Example header: Deluxe
- Example description: Our largest gift basket
All headers must be types of services. For each header, the description should provide further information about that specific service.
- Example header: Teeth whitening
- Example description: 30-minute walk-in appointment
All headers need to be variations of a service category, which is a category that includes several specific services. For each header, the description should provide further information about that specific service category.
- Example header: Dental
- Example description: Kids, fillings, whitening
All headers need to be levels of services. The description must provide further guidance on each service tier.
- Example header: 3-star hotel
- Example description: In-room bar, free Internet