A performance target forecasts campaign group performance so you know whether you’re on track to meet specific measurable goals. If it looks like you're not on track, you can consider adjusting your campaign settings to improve performance.
For campaign groups, you can click the plus button in the "Performance targets" tab of a campaign group.
Before you begin
If you don’t know what performance targets are or how they work, read About performance targets first.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaign groups in the left navigation panel.
- Click the name of the campaign group you want to add a performance target to.
- Click the Performance targets tab.
- Click the plus button .
- Choose the metric you want your performance target to focus on.
- Enter a date range for your performance target.
- Set your specific targets.
Note:You don't need to set targets if you're not sure about the specific values your campaign group can achieve. If you don't set targets, Google Ads shows current performance and a performance forecast for the campaign group instead of estimating whether you’re on track to meet specific numeric goals.
- Click Save.