There are 2 cases where Google Ads will mark your campaign status as “Limited by budget” and provide budget recommendations:
- Your campaign is under-performing due to a limited budget.
- You’re using Maximize Clicks bidding and could increase traffic by adjusting your budget.
This article explains how to fix this “Limited by budget” status by finding your campaign's recommended budget. Applying your campaign’s recommended budget will help you increase clicks and impressions.
Before you begin
Google Ads won't display a recommended average daily budget if you rarely meet your average daily budget, or if your campaign has limited data. If you don't see a recommended budget, and you know your ads aren't being shown as often as they could because your budget is limited, you might want to consider raising your budget to an amount that you're comfortable with.
How it works
Recommended budgets are based on the following factors:
- Recent campaign performance
- Current campaign budget
- Keyword list
- Campaign targeting settings
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop down in the section menu.
- Click Campaigns.
- Click the Filter icon and select Status.
- Check Limited by budget and click Apply.
- Select the chart icon next to the campaign that is marked “Limited by budget”. A pop-up with daily budget options appears.
- Select a recommended average daily budget, or enter your own.
- Click Apply.