Dashboards provide a single place for you to review consolidated performance statistics from across your account.
You can create custom dashboards with an integrated view of scorecards, chart visualized reports, tabular reports, or notes. With dashboards, you gather your most relevant data so you can quickly spot issues and opportunities for your business.
Dashboards are easy to create, modify, and organize. You are in control of what data to include and what format to view it in. It’s easier to use dashboards instead of a single report to arrange or group your account’s data in a meaningful way. It’s also simple to share, download, and annotate your dashboards for easy collaboration.
How to create a dashboard
To create a new dashboard:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the reporting icon at the top of your account
- Select Dashboards.
- To create a new dashboard, click the plus button . To select an existing dashboard, click on a dashboard from the list, and then click Edit on the next page.
How to add and edit dashboard cards
Dashboards are made up of three types of cards: scorecards, reports, and notes, each representing the performance metrics of your choice. Once you insert a card, you can drag its edges to resize or drag the whole card to a different place in your dashboard. Your dashboard will automatically resize based on the window size.
How to add a scorecard
You can use scorecards to look at metrics at a high level, compare metrics, and view percent change.
To insert a scorecard:
- From the dashboard, click the plus/pulse button .
- Click the scorecard icon above your dashboard.
- Enter a "Title" and "Description" (optional) for your chart or table.
- Choose the metrics you want to include and select a time frame, click Next.
- Enter the filter you'd like to add.
- You can customize the data shown in your scorecard. Check each box to include a Sparklines chart, % change, and Absolute change on your scorecard.
- Click Add.
How to add a report
You can use the Reports button to add existing saved reports or create new reports as tables or charts in your dashboard through the Report Editor. The Report Editor can help you build line, column, bar, scatter, or pie reports that you can add to your dashboard. Edits can be made to individual cards without changing the underlying report. Learn more about creating custom reports.
To insert a new report
- Click the plus button and then the report icon .
- In the pop up menu, click Create Report.
- You'll be taken to the Report Editor where you can build your table or chart. Learn more
- When you're finished, click Add to dashboard.
- Name your report, and click Save. Note: When you first visit the starter dashboard, you will need to select “Save As”.
- Enter a "Description" (optional), and click Add.
Add a saved report
- Click the report icon .
- Select a saved table or chart from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add.
How to add a note
After you’ve finished adding cards, you may want to add a note to provide some context to the dashboard you’ve just created. This is especially helpful if you plan on sharing or downloading your dashboard for others to review.
To insert a note, click the note icon above your dashboard. Write your note, and click Add.
How to assign and update dashboard level date ranges
The date filter and other filters will be available at the top of the dashboard. You can apply these filters to the entire dashboard, or individual cards in edit mode. The date filter is at the top right of the dashboard, and clicking the dates will expand the menu for selecting custom date ranges.
Click the filter icon to show both applied and default filters in a dropdown menu. Once a filter is selected, click “Apply”. The filter will then be visible in the top bar of the dashboard next to “Filter”.
How to download or share a report
Share your dashboards
Dashboards are viewable to anyone with access to your Google Ads account, except for people with email-only access. To share with users, you can send them reports via email.
To share your dashboard:
- Finish editing your dashboard and click Save.
- Click the schedule email icon above your dashboard.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you want to share your dashboard with.
- Add a note (optional).
- Select how often you’d like to share your dashboard.
- Click Share.
To download your dashboard, click the download icon . Your entire dashboard will download as a PDF (.pdf) file.