Maximize clicks: Definition
An automated bid strategy that automatically sets your bids to help get as many clicks as possible within your budget.
- Maximise Clicks is the simplest way to bid for clicks – you set a budget, and Google Ads does the rest. You don't need to choose specific bid amounts for your ad groups, keywords or placements.
- With Maximise Clicks, you set a target daily budget and the Google Ads system automatically sets your maximum cost per click (CPC) bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget.
- For more control, you can also set bid limits to prevent your bids from being set over that amount. While setting a bid limit offers tighter control, it might restrict your ad position and the number of clicks that your ad receives.
- If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using Manual CPC bidding, which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself.
- Maximise Clicks isn't available with the following:
- Display Network campaigns with the marketing objectives "Engage with content", or App campaigns.
- Bid adjustments based on day and time
- Maximise Clicks was previously referred to as “Automatic bidding”
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?