Maximise clicks: Definition
An automated bid strategy that automatically sets your bids to help get as many clicks as possible within your budget.
- Maximise clicks is the simplest way to bid for clicks – you set a budget and Google Ads does the rest. You don't need to choose specific bid amounts for your ad groups, keywords or placements.
- With Maximise clicks, you set a daily budget and the Google Ads system automatically sets your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bids on your behalf, with the goal of getting you the most clicks possible within that budget.
- For more control, you can also set bid limits to prevent your bids exceeding that amount. While setting a bid limit offers tighter control, it might restrict your ad position and the number of clicks that your ad receives.
- If at any time you don't like the bid suggestions, you can easily switch to using Manual CPC bidding, which gives you full control to set the bid amounts yourself.
- Maximise clicks isn't available with the following:
- Display Network campaigns with the marketing objective 'Engage with content'; or app campaigns
- Bid adjustments based on day and time
- Maximise clicks was previously referred to as 'automatic bidding'.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?