Edit your target CPA
Google Ads offers an automated bid strategy that automatically sets bids to help you get as many conversions as possible within your budget: Target CPA bidding. To use Target CPA, you set a target cost-per-acquisition (CPA) that is then used to automatically set bids for all campaigns and ad groups using your bid strategy.
After you set up your Target CPA bid strategy, you can change the amount of your target CPA at any time. This article shows you how.
Before you begin
If you haven’t set up a Target CPA bid strategy, read about Target CPA bidding first.
Choose the Google Ads experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Campaigns tab.
- Click the name of the campaign that you’d like to edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to “Bid Strategy” and click Edit.
- Enter the new amount you’d like to use for your target CPA.
- Note: if the campaign you’re editing is using a portfolio bid strategy, then the new target CPA you set will apply to all campaigns and ad groups using that bid strategy.
- Click Save.
Tip: Choose what conversions to bid for
The Include in "Conversions" setting lets you decide whether or not to include individual conversion actions in your "Conversions" and "Conversion value" reporting columns. The data in these columns are used by bid strategies like target CPA, target ROAS, and ECPC, so your bid strategy will only optimize based on the conversions that you've chosen to include. Learn more
Cross-device conversions from Display Network, Search, and Shopping campaigns are included by default.